I realised something about myself and I probably mentioned this before but I am never QUITE THERE...
People have called me funky but I don't think I quite am.
People have said Im emo but not quite... ie. I don't cut myself.
I never quite completed my tae kwon do to be black belt.
I never quite got the scholarship I was working toward in College (during matriculation)
I never quite work all the way to get the full marks that my mother believes I can get but I never do 'cause I NEVER QUITE work as hard as I should.
I never quite went all the way with my drama classes even though I loved them.
People have said that I'm not like a typical Malaysian but I'm not entirely not a typical Malaysian as I still dress like one with my fakely branded t shirts and jeans/long pants.
I have never quite been in a relationship. I kinda ditched a guy half way through back when I was 16 I think. I still can't recall what happened to that 'cause I do believe it just stopped without either party saying anything.
See... I never quite have closure to any of my crushes either.
I have never quite fallen in love.
I never quite work hard enough in the positions I have held. ie. Didn't keep the class quiet as a class representative, be all social as president of the Leo Club (in fact I think I was quite anti Leo Club members from other schools... and I say WAS ok? I was emo back then... not quite... bleh)
Oh yeah.. and I always say I'm anti social but not quite.
I never quite went all the way with dancing.
I never quite went all the way with my poetry.
Never quite able to sing well.
Never quite able to play a musical instrument well.
Never quite awesome in any of the languages I have learnt.
Not quite that awesomely funny.
Never quite place an impression on people I have just first met.
Never quite recognisable.
Even my now dyed hair isn't quite all that red.
Besides the fact that I'm all girl. Biologically. Im really not quite anything, am I?
Maybe I'm not even quite all a girl. Should ask my parents.
Oh~ speaking of being a girl.
My aunt has given birth to a baby girl named Gwyneth~!!
I know, such a fantasy story book name right?
Grace and I in unison: "Uncle CK mar"
Yeap. That's our cool uncle and aunt who still read fantasy novels and rock out at concerts~!
Speaking of which, I'm not quite as cool as I think I am.
HAHA~!
No, really. That was a joke.
So where am I when I am never quite there?
Where do I stand? Really~
3 comments:
haha.. dat situation of being not quite dere sounds familiar...
oh.. dats cuz i prob am d same :D
i'm dun do quite dat well in exams...
i'm not quite of a badminton player...
i'm not quite good looking...
i'm not quite a medical student...
but u noe wats more dpressing den being not quite?
being 'not at all' of course :)
dat one.. d list is so long i dun tink i wanna write it out (in case i go in2 a case of clinical depression... huhu)
but havin said dat...
dis is not quite business is a relative ting...
u'll oni consider urself quite dere wen ur d best in d world 4 sth...
but even den.. u'll tink..."i'm not quite dere"
but nvrtheless...
we're all not quite sure if being not quite is quite ok at all :)
but if u were 2 ask ME... i'd say...
being not quite.. is jus as good as being not at all :) (dis applies 2 me anyways)
take care!
HAHAH thanks~ but well... I'm not talking abt being the best in the world.
I'm talking about being able to do something but never giving it my all.
Like, tae kwon do.. regret~ it's 80 dollars here for grading.. wth...
well.. i dunu.. d term giving it all is so vague... i've given up on defining it :)
get wat i mean?
Post a Comment