People are selfish

Law.

People who go into it are those with the purest of souls.

People who were hoping to fight for justice.

Hoping that they could make a difference in this world.

(I can't say for every person who goes into law that that is what they feel but let's just talk about the nice people who go into law for that reason. Anyways~)

Instead, walking into it. They realise the loopholes.

Instead, walking into it. They are driven to the bone with work. Driven to the bone to solving the cases for "the man".

They lose their direction. Searching for objective rewards like money, ownership and power.

They lose the person that used to be so selfless when stepping into this world, thinking that they could take injustice by the throat and tell it to "Step off".

(again, I'm not speaking for every person that goes into law)

What I have learnt through this semester's law subject-- "Legal Theory" is that there is more than just Western Law... meaning the law we know. There are the laws of the indigenous people. Their laws show that ownership is not entirely in the hands of humans. Land is land. Land does not belong to us humans. We are puny compared to the power that created us.

Perhaps I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting at but it jsut shows that the laws created by humans are just not enough to achieve justice. Not just guilty-not-guilty justice but the justice that those who initially went into law believed that they could achieve by learning this subject. The kind of justice that paints the world a "hippy" kind of colour.

Do you get what I'm getting at? We are being selfish by claiming the world to be ours. The world is not entirely ours. The world is the world and we live in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another thing that crossed my mind. You know how sometimes we just won't express our feelings for the fear of how the other person might respond?

Isn't that just being selfish? Like, being afraid that YOUR feelings will be hurt. But doesn't that person deserve to know how much you care for them too? I mean, everyone likes to know that they are appreciated etc.

I guess it can go both ways.

I guess, Im just wondering about the success rates between expressing how you feel versus NOT expressing how you feel.

What if we went through life just expressing how we feel all the time?

Like that antenna thing where you can detect exactly how that person feels about you.

Would life be so much easier?

Would people not be so screwed up?

But, the question is whether people are understanding enough to take everything that people think of them in a mature and rational manner.

Are we being selfish with our feelings?
There is more to life than just black and white (like law).

1 comment:

magmachilli said...

The Law are nothing but words put together by humans or maybe more specifically "The Man". Therefore it's not perfect. If we were in a position to write the law, I bet we'd mess up somewhere. It's only human. Now seeing as there are loopholes, it's probably your responsibility to see that it be changed to protect those who are under the law. Of course "The Man" probably won't let you as he probably left it for him to exploit. Hahaha... Okay that wasn't really that funny.

Is it that you want a reason to express how you really feel? Is it that you just want to scream your heart out? You don't need to wish that we express how we feel all the time, because you can already do that. Just open your mouth and your heart. Now if you're waiting for someone to do that to you, then keep on persevering sister until that time comes!

Okay I've BS-ed enough. Time to get on with life.