Sometimes... I forget how do to do it.
Your name
Your country
Your course
Your interests
Your age
Your hobbies
Sometimes, I miss high school where we could always talk about bullshit, nonsense and knew what everyone was "doing" 'cause we all saw each other everyday anyways.
"Oh, hi! So what have you been up to?"
Sue-Anne's brain processing: "Don't know... Can't remember... *struggles to recall*"
Blurts out: "Nothing much, really."
Something tells me that I have forgotten how to socialise. aikz~
4 comments:
haha, oh dear.
I think living in IH got me really sick of small talk. I got sort of good at it, but I the formula is too much the same.
I dread going to the hairdressers, cause they ALWAYS ask the same things. And there is always incredibly long pauses, when you can tell they haven't listened to your answer, and then they go onto the next formulaic question to cover that. AND its all one sided, cause I can't ask them what they do - I already know they're working today, and that they're a hairdresser... yes, not a fan of hair salon small talk.
agreed.
in situations like that i completely freeze and turn into stone, hoping that by staying completely silent and inanimate people will stop noticing me and go away...
well on the way to social hell at this rate :p
HAHAHAH!! Hair salon small talk. Well, my hairdressers all end up talking about how bad my acne is and how some auntie tried what product and twas super awesome bla bla bla...
Unfortunately, Shu, even if I remained inanimate.. The acne jumps out at them and gets them a-talking.
OH yes. I think everyone gets sick of small talk after living in IH for a while. Like, I have really gotten tired of the question "where are you from?". Yvonne suggested to just say "Hawthorn" >.< HAHA!
Shu? Social hell? As if! We had establish, after your absence, that you are sort of the glue that brought ppl together :P
haha, yeah, i hate the question 'where are you from?'. I always get suprised looks from people when they learn i'm australian, AND from victoria.
'oh! what are you doing in IH?'
My thoughts:'err, same thing you're doing in IH? I needed somewhere to live?'
So yeah, even saying "Hawthorn" probably won't help you...
You know what else I don't like? When I ask someone where they are from, and they say "oh, my parents are chinese/vietnamese/korean". That's not what i'm trying to ask :'(
Still, then there are people like Shu, who are from all over the joint. Hehe, its almost entertaining watching people get their head around why shu is msian but she was what? at school in america?
What a complicated simple question "where are you from?" turns out to be.
Post a Comment