So, it has been a little scary

... to know that one is a little more vulnerable than one used to be.

Flipping through my high school yearbook. Lots of memories, lots of courage.

I remember the time when I was all psyched up to get on the plane to Australia.

I didn't care that I was getting on the plane alone. Arriving alone. Facing the world... alone.

Now, I say that Im used to the loneliness. I say that meh... I can survive on my own.

But, it is scary when I know that it is easy for that courage to be crushed.

It is easy for one to be scared.

It is easy for one to want to lie in the background and not face it all alone.

It is easy to lie under the bed (like in a horror movie) waiting for everything scary to go away before you dare to come out.

The thing is, everything one is scared of won't just go away. 

The thing is, it is scary how my heart can never deny you...

No comments: