I have a thing for Salmon and Soba Noodles


Saw a recipe on Amy's food-blog that had to do with Salmon, Miso and Soba noodles which totally made my mouth water.

I just love all those 3 ingredients. Hence, decided to go about making my own lazier version of the recipe.

Recipe required one to bake the salmon- I just steamed it in the rice cooker (yes you saw right!) and it took about 15 minutes. 

Recipe required one to fry noodles and veges together- I just boiled the Soba noodles and tossed in the fresh salad leaves I got from Queen Victoria market.

In fact, the only thing that I kinda followed the recipe was the sauce. Ok, only kinda. I didn't have sesame oil and garlic (or ginger for that matter). So, I just whipped me up some miso paste with honey and a little hot water with some pepper. 

And, tadah. My healthy meal. At least I think twas reasonably healthy?

Anyways, just wanted to show the little that I do for meals nowadays. I barely touch the frying pan or wok.

Yeap tis either eat out or eat leaves (ie Salads la~)

7 comments:

Shu said...

haha i totally dig your style man! bet it tasted pretty damn good too :D

yeah i'm either cooking EVERYTHING with my rice cooker or eating out nowadays too.. my bottle of oil remains 80% full - and it's been almost a year o.O

Amy said...

YUMMMMMM!!! I so want to get myself a kitchen and do some cooking of my own!!

tInKy said...

Well.. ok I lied. I added a little too much cornflour into the sauce so... actually tasted kinda funny...

HAHAHA!!

But overall twas ok :D Rice cookers are awesome. They do everything seriously. Meat, Fish, Eggs, Rice (obviously) and even veges if u want!
Awesomeness~

Ooo do some English cooking :P w the stuff u can pluck from the gardens. HAHAHA!!

Yong-Sama said...

But it looks good leh XD
Eh come back here n cook for me!! Hahah!

tInKy said...

eh sure!! Damn easy to make. I shall skip the cornflour this time. HAHAH!! :D

Yvonne said...

i feel like trying this recipe for dinner tonight...wish me luck! i haven't been cooking much either...i came home last night and ate a whole pack of oreos instead of a proper dinner lol! why am i so lazy AND stingy haha

tInKy said...

OMG!! a WHOLE pack of oreos?! And, you didn't get a sugar rush and just die? HEHE! jkjk.

Ooo Hope the recipe turns out well for you. Rmb to skip the cornflour. WAHAH!!

You are not lazy and stingy. You are overworked and tired *pat pat*