Is it time to grow up?

I will be turning 22 this year.

Yet, I don't feel like it at all. Perhaps I have taken life a little too easy.

The kid in me still holds a strong hold over my character.
I feel like I still crave attention from my loved ones, the way little kids do. Not wanting them to leave whenever they have to. Clinging on to their legs when they have to go.

In that way, I still feel like a kid.

The cuddles and the hugs are strongly missed.

Honestly, I still don't understand how people grow out of acting like kids.
When I bust out a kiddish laughter or a kiddish prance, a weight lifts from me and I'm happy again.

It somehow feels good to be emotional like a kid, curious like a kid, easily tickled like a kid.

Life feels new again.

Life becomes a little less about the rat race for that instrument with no actual sincere value set up by 'the man' (money).

Maybe I have been born in the wrong era because sometimes I feel like a 70's child.

But they grew up too and got jobs- ended up in the race pursuing that valueless piece of paper.

How do we always let the system push us into maze of a trap? Tricking us into thinking we had a choice. But, did we ever really?

Probably am being overly cynical but I suppose the closer I get to stepping into the corporate world, the more I am opposed to the idea.

Is it time to grow up? Is it time to let go of my tight grip on simplicity?

Can I still keep holding on to my childhood dreams?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just don't want to grow up to be so cynical like too many people I find around me now. Keep young at heart lah! The best old people I talk to are the ones that held on to their inner young :)