So... I was just wondering why we, the residents of International House (Melbourne), have to pay so much for many unjustifiable things.
1. Paying for our own laundry?!
-$3 each time we do our landry is still a lot considering we pay $400 a week!
2. Hot dogs that don't really taste like real sausages...
-Yet... they still put up little brochures telling us to not eat fast food. However, if we ever decide to do so, we should go for the "GROUMET" burgers that Scolarest doesn't seem to serve. Hmmm...
3. Actually, in general... just for the dodgy food here. It deserves to be placed under two points for where our money unjustifiably goes to.
4. The fact that our Deputy Head of House has a freaking mansion on Phillip Island.
I will not deny that all the staff here are undeniably nice to us... but what I do not get is why did
5. I have to clean out the most disgusting microwave I have ever seen, despite the cleaners coming by everyday, and most of all when everyone in the House has paid so much for the services here.
The insides of the microwave were layered with a disgusting layer of some kind of "meat" and grease. It smelled like puke and was in DIRE NEED of scraping.

I didn't have gloves so fellow floormates helped me to wrap my hands in plastic bags. (yes I know I look weird with that expression on my face but that's how disgusting it was--till I didn't care how I looked like on camera! >.<)
Im just saying, yes, we do get a little extra perks here and there living in a college and that's probably where the money goes but still not THAT much money goes to all that LITTLE extra perks we get here.
The fact is, noone can explain to us the one-month-old hot cross buns or the hot dogs that don't taste like hot dogs or the unflushable toilets or why we still have to pay for our own laundry.
The fact is... I can't stand living in this bubble anymore.
7 comments:
i tot u said international house punya food is like d best ao or sth? i rmbr u mentioning dat...b4 sometime....ago
wel...d microwave ting..i dunu LOL.....seems super disgusting XD haha...i guez pple jus dun rly giv a damn about cleaning up after deir own mess...
besides the fact taht your pic still scares me >.<
I just said that International House food is SAID to be one of the best college food around... but who knows.. they could just be lying to get us to eat the food
Just cook yourself then... lolz
All you gotta do is teach the Aussies to put a plate over the bowl or a bowl over your plate when microwaving. Then the sauce or oil won't go popping everywhere.... Duh...
Elementary dear Watson.
Ok maybe I went overboard making Aussies seems like complete idiots. Well forgive me you friends of Sue Anne who happen to be Aussie or Half Aussie. Don't so perasan ar... I just think that you guys(especially guys) wouldn't really care anyway. Take my roomate. He's a pig who like to act sophisticated, eating bread and cheese and burning incense and flashing around his Law and French.
Lalala~
Back to hostels. Seriously, $400 dollars is seriously unreasonable. In JohnXIII, a college in ANU, $260, dinner got 4 meats, 2 veggies, rice, pastas and dessert. ALL YOU CAN EAT. I might have got the numbers or details all mixed up, but you get my point...
"I will not deny that all the staff here are undeniably nice to us..."
I bet you won't deny it because it's undeniable.
Sorry I just found it funny.
And so is your face.
Funny. I mean.
See I'm random too.
hhahaha... yeah.. I knew there was sth wrong with that sentence. Oh well :P
Oh yes.. there WAS a sign that said to cover their food etc.. but noone actually does it... it's frustrating, really.
haha... know what... when my bro doesn't cover it i nag him and he gets frus with the oil/sauce popping out everywhere also cuz HE has to wipe them.
But at least we have a Brave Warrior to clean it! Props to you and thanks again for going where no other man or woman would go before!
Post a Comment