doesn't it scare you


Doesn't it amaze you how much information you can find out about someone through the internet?

I know I know.. it's suppose to be so but doesn't it just scare you?

I find myself at 2 o'clock in the morning looking at random pictures of my friends that I have on "facebook". For some, I don't feel even close enough to actually be checking out their album. I mean, I don't even know half the people in the photos but yet I still browse through them. At the same time, subconciously understanding this person's interests, friends and habits.

Doesn't it scare you?

Because you have put yourself out onto the net, any random person could learn so much about you by absorbing what you have put out onto the world wide web. It may be convenient to post photos up on the internet so your friends and family in other parts of the world may view them but what of people you did not expect to view them?

It is almost 3AM now and I feel like I have been living a few lives as I browsed through albums of different people. Makes me feel like a stalker, like a solo-ist living life through people's photos. Photos that were not entirely meant to be seen by me(although they technically are).

Maybe it's because of this convenience at our finger tips that we become restless as everything becomes too easy. Our parents didn't have all this extra time on their hands as they had to do a little bit more to achieve what we can now achieve in a second.

We constantly seek faster methods to do things. We seek information... more and more... we crave... but what becomes of the privacy of certain information? What becomes of the limits on ownership?

Doesn't it scare you that your life as you live it could be watched by eyes of someone "unknown"?

2 comments:

Gemynd said...

Yeah I think about this constantly on my boring nights surfing Friendster. I mean people can tell you some seriously private stuff in there.

I'm not afraid, as long as I don't push it too far. I just feel sorry for the people dumb enough to do it.

HEE HEE.

It's 2.07 AM and I'm bored.

ChaosGenesis said...

yup...information technology has certainly come a long way....:)

does it scare me? no...not rly :) well..i'm a guy aft all...so..yeah :) less chance of getting stalked ;)

agree wid gemynd...dun push it 2 far...it shud b fine :) if ur rly worried..make tings private...not dat difficult~

but frankly..i've nvr bothered lookin at pple i dunu...but dats jus me :)