play it cool or be kiasu?

Whew~ The day is over...

You know, sometimes doing something a little out of the way does end up with great outcomes.
Ok ok.. not "great" per say but makes life so much more simpler and convenient.

What am I talking about?

Well, nothing interesting. I just managed to shift up all my classes to before 1pm except on Mondays where I have one tutorial at 4pm but that's only one hour so it's fine.

So, basically, to free up MOST of my afternoons I had to switch my law classes to the morning ones but I couldn't get into the class 'cause it was apparently "full". A plan was deviced (nah not really planned out like Oceans 11/12/13 or anything) to go to the Law Building early early so that I can get the classes switched with my legitimate reason :P.

9:45am
Seated in front of the timetable admin door like the kiasu Malaysian I am, eventhough the sign said "10 am-4pm. WE WILL NOT ACCOMODATE YOU OUTSIDE THESE HOURS". Strict-nya.

9:59am
*knocks "shyly" on the door*
"Come in please."
Yes yes.. so I got into the office, finally. Hey! 15 minutes is a long time when you are all "gan jiong" about creating an excuse so that you can swap timings ok!? ESPECIALLY in the Law faculty. They just scare me. They just do.

But... this guy was really nice. First thing he asked me though was how to fix his internet explorer which had a little layout problem. Pai seh.. couldn't help there. >.<

He told me that the class I wanted was full and I should put my name down on this form and see if anyone would like to swap with me. So, I was so "guai" and I followed his instructions THEN I remembered...

"OH!! but there's a problem I have a clash with a revision lecture that starts next week."
"Well then, you would have to print out the timetable and we will see about it."
" I don't have a proper timetable printed out BUT! I have the announcement that says I have to attend those lectures!! *proudly produces the announcement that was kiasu-ly printed out*"
"oh ok then... I will just pop you in there. *click* All done :D"

Hmmm... so being kiasu isn't so bad after all >.<

8 comments:

Yong-Sama said...

haha of course being kiasu is good.. as they say the early bird catches the worm and what not..

lol sounds so like u la.. i miss all ur *organising-ness* and neat-ness >___<

magmachilli said...

kiasu-ness rocks... it's what make us Asian. I can't believe you need to meet the person face to face... oh well part of growing up i guess...

and this "organising-ness" is a side i have never seen...

magmachilli said...

what i mean is part of learning how to deal with people and stuff... whatever...

tInKy said...

hahaha.. get what u mean, Jo.
Well, the Law school is quite a strict place. I was searching up n down for a way to do it online but the best way was still to go to the person >.<

Engineering can arrange then send to the faculty email to approve >.< so nice :P

Yong-Sama said...

lol.. because they're the ENGINEERING.. they're like calculation and stuff people.. aka so computers like.. whereas u're in like LAW.. which is like LAW so.. books n journals and stuff like blah =p

dun mind me XD

ChaosGenesis said...

haha....way 2 go SA ;) sounds jus like u 2 get out of a muddle like dat wid a snap of ur fingers ;) (can u snap btw?)

hmm..best is oways 2 meet d person i agree...as much as we have progressed...we still prefer human to human interaction...and it's normaly d best way 2 solve anyting~

Mic. Tham said...

haha kinda agree...kiasu-ness can be a good thing sometimes, otherwise, good things just bypassed us...

btw why he asked you to fix his IE eh?? that sounds a bit odd though..

tInKy said...

YOng: hahhaa.. you hv a point there about law and engineering faculties but I hv a feeling it's 'cause of the way the classes are structure. eng will hv lectures only but law we have seminars where it's more like a classroom.

Hong: thanks.and yes i can snap. human to human is by far the best. Except the lady I called today. She was so clear and calm... made things very easy.

Mic: hehehe... yesh.. one has to be kiasu to get whatcha want. His IE was doing sth weird... the words were in wrong places and all that. So,he tot maybe I would know a way to fix it without him hving to call the tech guy :D