1. Remember to tell people when they have crossed the line. A simple "No." is enough to make people understand.
2. If people insult you indirectly, smile and say something back that implies that you do not like what he/she just said.
3. Never let people touch you inappropriately more than once 'cause once they have, they just keep coming back.
4. Always appear friendly and helpful 'cause people in college are like your extended family. They may not care as much but they are the people you have to deal with everyday.
5. Even when you're angry, it is better to keep your mouth shut 'cause ranting gets noone anywhere. Instead, take steps to ammend it but if you seriously don't care if it all goes down under then just go back to your room and study.
6. Take care of who you tell your opinions/thoughts/secrets to. College is like a bubble. Rumours circulate faster than you realise.
7. If you like being part of the college, smile and join in the activities. If you don't, STILL smile and GET OUT OF THERE and join OTHER activities at uni or even some random place that offers dance class or language classes~
8. Try not to leave toiletries/clothings behind in the bathroom 'cause other people need the space to put their stuff too.
9. Stay away from sick people even if they are your friends. Flu viruses can mutate and become so strong that one can freaking die of delirium.
10. Seriously... draw the line. I know how it's nice to be a social butterfly in a residential college and maybe i'm just anti-social by nature but I believe in letting people know when the line is crossed.
I'm annoyed at this place.
"We pay for nuts~"
6 comments:
You're right Sua-Anne. Lines has to be drawn. So, you need a marker pen? Or do you prefer the old fashion chalk?
Seriously, I do agree with you that we have to draw lines for certain reasons. For my case, it would be craps. hahahahaha!!!!
The touching part, isn't that just a bit too much? Wouldn't the count as molestation? I know Australia is more open than Malaysia. But unwelcome touches do count as an offence against a person right and is punishable by law right? Or am I wrong?
it is true. In fact one could sue for battery >.<
But anyways, it's not like u wanna waste all that money and time every single time eh? As long as it doesn't amount to something too serious. Letting ppl know nicely should be enough at this stage. :D
hmm well yeah, staying in a hostel (do u call it hostel there?) has its pros n cons, no?
ah well, but u'll be moving out soon.. n yes.. sum ppl just don't understand or are too ignorant to know that wherever they are, there are in fact limits..
life's like that mate, humans are like that mate
indeed lines have to be drawn..sadly as wy has pointed out..some poeple do not know the limits..i guess one should stick away from tis kind of people if they still dont get it after a polite warning..
touching..k tats something tat suxs..aussie people really more touchy eh?..well some r touchy cause its their personality (like a good friend of ours eh :D)..but most guys r just plain horny lol..sad..
Well.. i guess what u say is so true anne :D Actually i've just realised it lately that indeed lines have to be drawn. yeap. sad tho.
Sometimes it saddens me to think that i hv 2 smile like a freak smiler lol
But sometimes.. i still feel d need to cross the line..to the OTHER SIDE. N that's sth i havent been able 2 overcome.. just yet. Mybe i nid d extra confidence :D
This is really 1 nice post :D
Of cuz simply touch touch is no way. >.< Sad ppl..
Wah IH sucks so bad ar?
With many people going to UK and who might be staying at residential colleges, I bet this will help them out a lot
Sue Anne the Anti Social eh? About social issues of a residential college, I honestly cannot say anything. I mean I don't have any problems with people, and that's probably because it's easier for guys.
And I think you have to be a little forgiving about those ignorant idiots, after all they just met you for 6 months, and they just want to know you better. And since they don't know you, obviously they don't know where to draw the line. And you also have to be aware that these peoples are spoiled brats who have been living with their families before this and when they leave their families and stay by themselves. And feeling alone, they want to be friends with others for emotional support. So they want to be more involved in your life, like family members and stuff.
I think I spoke to much.
Post a Comment