I'm home and absolutely crazzzy about it

Ahhh~ Finally home.

No idea how many hours of sleep I actually got on the plane but I do believe it was 3 hours or less. I got on the plane and conked out. Woke up at 3am and watched 2 movies along with 2 episodes of random sitcoms.

If I had that remote control in the movie "click", I would have TOTALLY fast forwarded the plane part of my journey. Nothing is worse than wanting to be in a place but having no control over the amount of time you are going to take to get there.

It is odd leaving Melbourne and coming back to Malaysia. I have come to love both places. People, food, lifestyle and all.

While in Melbourne, I missed the random outings I could always have in Malaysia 'cause food everywhere was cheap and no stall or restaurant ever rushes you to get out. I missed how we could crash at a good friend's place and chat till wee hours and how funny it was when our parents start missing us and practically demand us to get home. I missed how I could DRIVE! I even missed the voice of my parents. I could always hear their voices when it comes to certain decisions. Literally. I missed my brother telling me the funny characters of people and how confident he always was. I missed my dog who acted like he loved me even if he might not remember who I am at all.

Then again, I didn't want to leave Melbourne as I sat and stoned on the floor waiting for the time to come for me to leave my room. I saw Christopher's face as he wished me a safe journey home. Without a real family in Melbourne, he has become my family away from home. I hate to think that I am breaking apart a family by moving out of college. Our floor was really like a family with Ria, Alex, Akshat and Ashley. Joanna too, although busy with Ding, would always make sure we went down for dinner together. And Ding also there as he shared our interests and hobbies.

It is weird to actually hold different relationships in two different places. Missing people that I have grown close to in Melbourne is like missing home. Yet it was never home before. It is like having two homes as I spend equal amounts of time in both places.

The feeling is like being torn. It's like my brain (or heart?) being separated into two parts where one part will lie in Melbourne and one part in Malaysia.

I do love being back where I can speak manglish and everyone understands me. Though, I guess when something clicks, it is just hard to detach. It is difficult to avoid this feeling of "missing". However, I feel so lucky I do have people to miss. It only means I have met Great people. People who I miss and (hopefully) miss me too.

Life is a whole lot more despite the oddness of always missing one side of the world.

Like a friend of mine said " To love is a great gift"

<3

2 comments:

magmachilli said...

i can't believe no one posted here. but i myself have little to say. just that life goes on. we just have to keep making new relationships. and often times they come to an end. it's just a matter of when.

treasure that gift.

tInKy said...

Awww so philosophical. :D Thanks for posting then. HEHEHE!!

It's nice to be back though :D