
Instead, what really gets to me is sad movies like this (refer to picture below)
Million Dollar Baby-- The Movie
I swear I watched this movie 3 times and successfully managed to BAWL my eyes out each and every time.
My heart feels sore and the empathy chokes me to tears. I feel especially empathetic when I hear of heart break somehow. However, there are children out there needing our help to build a future for them and the world.
Oprah showed how normal people have step up to the plate and did so much like collect pennies, fork out their own savings and build schools for these children.
Then, I read this story about a Japanese girl who made more than 1300 cranes in belief that the cranes will fulfill her heart's desire which is for the end of suffering and world peace. She was buried with 1000 cranes around her neck to honor this.
Who knew such a simple design would bring one so much hope and meaning to life?
I wonder how many cranes this would be counted as.
What are the small steps can one take to make a difference?
No comments:
Post a Comment