I was once ashamed to call myself Malaysian.
No, not 'cause we have weird political court cases.
No, not 'cause we have articles claiming our education system is too hard when it isn't. (referring to an article in "the Star" that concluded that the reason for lepaking students is 'cause they have lost hope as the education system is too hard)
Ok ok... I exaggerate about being ashamed.
It's just that I have never been to Genting and walked around before.
Picture this scene: Dad drives up to Genting- me in the back seat fast asleep. I step out of the car, see fog. Then exclaim... Oh this is Genting and goes back into the car and goes back down to Subang Jaya.
Yeah. That's basically all the impression I HAD of Genting. Until, I visited it with Hong, Willy, Jia Ling and Foo last Saturday!
Yesh, thanks guys for organising it. I basically had no idea what the entire plan was. You say I fetch ppl at 5am in the morning? I say ok. Why? 'Cause my brain is on snooze mode.

Anyways, like I mentioned, we all woke up at 5am to catch the first train to KL sentral.
We had beautiful timing as we reached the platform just as the train came rolling in.
So, once we reached the half way point, we sat on the cable car and up all the way to the mountain top.


Foo hung on closely to Willy for support as he and Jia Ling expressed their fear of the cable car's shakiness.

Ooo bug~

Once on top, we dropped our bags at the luggage storage place and headed to the theme park.
Ride after ride after ride. Man, Hong had a lot of stamina. I would have enjoyed it more if my eyes could stay open. Kids, don't use the computer for 8 hours doing accounts then go home and use the computer more. It's just not good for your eyes.


Ook. First ride was the FIRST EVER ROLLER COASTER IN.............. MALAYSIA LAH! The Cyclone. I must say, twas pretty heart dropping at the drops (haha! what a pun. pfft). Wish twas a lil longer. Then twas the pirate ship.
Ooo... Look! Star shaped flower~ HAHA!Here's Hong and I posing non stop as Willy and Jia Ling went snap happy with my camera.

After that ride was the Corkscrew... Now, THAT was fun. Again, I wish twas longer.
Then twas some mine trainer's ride and some Sungai ride. And, before those two rides, I do believe we got lured in by the sign "Dinosaur Land". We were stuck half way through a long long queue for this ride when I finally decided to take a look at the map. Only to discover that Dinosaur land is under "family rides". Ohh.. that explains the hordes of primary school kids. Never the less, we still get to see T-rex no matter how fake he looked.

Did I miss any of the rides? I can't recall. Like I said, my brain is in snooze mode. Care to reboot?
We had lunch then had one more ride. And then, went back to the hotel to check in.
We took some random shots around the hotel~

Then went to the arcade to win *erhem* some prizes as souveniers for Yong and Jo and subsequently Shopping. Spotted a really really cool red jacket at Giordano's for Hong. HAHA! He absolutely loved it! But, a lil ....well... way too pricey. I don't know what he will decide to do in the end :P

We wandered around and spotted... Green Tea Egg! Cha Ye Dan~ Mmmm.... So, dinner was maggie and egg for us. Simple but yummy as it was enjoyed in the company of good friends. HEHE!

The next morning. We slept till late and went for a K-lunch. We ate and sang songs till 3pm or so. Then went to catch the bus.
We had about 10 minutes till the bus arrived so what else do Asians do when bored and with a group of friends waiting for the bus ( or food, or other friends to come...the list goes on)?! Cam whore of course.




Thanks for organising this guys. Now, I can truly say that I have seen Genting like how I can say I have visited Singapore.
Now, when I say I'm from Malaysia. I don't have to be embarrassed and say...No... never been to Genting ler *shy shy*!

A HA! Try to catch me now. Look at that (refer to above picture)! Got proof now! :P
(this gal is nuts)
8 comments:
nice post! LOL
man i look funny in d photos.. stupid poses XD wakkka...
had lotsa fun! n jus 2 let u guys noe... i updated on genting as well :) hehe...
not as long winded as i usually wud make it... but still pretty darned long XD
fyi..we all knew wat dinosaurland was... jus sit 4 fun lar XD
again..
nice post!
you did?! I didn't... I thought twas gonna be really cool. HAHA!!
Well, ok not REALLY cool but cooler than puffing dinosaur heads :P
yup.. we ALL did :) its a rly gay ride... n it seemed more gay den d last time i sat on it... i rmbr dere was act a pretty freaky part one... den again i was a kid bak den LOL
haha... oh well :)
lol..i commented at the wrong post (honesty instead of this..)..how swt is me..
n ya most of us (qh n me la :D) knew it was a child like ride..but as qh said..i expected something scarry..if im not mistaken something from the water will shake the boat..damn scarry..but i guess tat time i no kukutan :D lol..
nice post!!
HEHEHE!! ku ku tan!!!!!!!!!!! :P I'm so gonna spread that in Melbourne too. KEKEKE!
Read the comment you posted at "honestly". Aiyah.. u also damn poser la :P
I think Im kinda spoilt by the rides in Gold Coast >.< 'Cause even the kids' rides were somewhat cool. :P
we should take more pics! :P I love outdoor pics under the sun. Colours look so vivid and pretty~
wah.. i wish I had gone T___T
ooh yea i remember being told by people (long long time ago when I was a kid) that the dinosaur ride is scary (it's actually coz of the stupid sound the t-rex makes).. and by the time i visited genting i was like "heh like that oni ar?" (ok well partly coz i was 15 at that time haaha)
oo and it's not green tea egg la darling.. it's herbal tea egg! hahaha!
dunno ler.. I saw the sign green tea egg :P but twas herbal tea egg.. HAHA!
Well, understood la hor? :P
lol..i think its herbal tea egg too..dont recall tasting any green tea while eating it :D..n i didnt feel the antioxidants tat green tea has :D..man im lame..
wish u had gone wy!! n jo too!!
enjoy working, working girl!!
Post a Comment